building a global and equitable
Montessori community for all
JOIN US TO CONNECT, TO CELEBRATE
AND TO CHALLENGE OURSELVES
Our events are open to all.
We welcome Montessori families, educators,
schools, training organisations, non-for-profits, consultants, or
anyone interested in the Montessori approach
Montessori Everywhere is a non-for-profit organisation
with all money raised going to
help Montessori projects
supporting underserved communities
Montessori Everywhere – a 12-hour event
Sunday 30 August 2020
On Sunday 30 August, we shook the world a little (in a good way!). The global Montessori community came together to honour Dr Montessori’s 150th birthday. We celebrated with children and schools around the world, we connected in breakout rooms in Zoom, and we challenged ourselves from rich panel discussions to have deeper conversations.
In less than a month this is what we achieved together:
- 12 hours of Montessori wisdom, celebration and connection
- 6,500+ registrations
- 121 countries
- 47,700 views on Facebook + 12,388 views on YouTube
- spreading joy to our work as parents and educators in any role that we play in the Montessori community
- working, reflecting and dialoguing together as a united community
- amplifying the work of the Black Montessori Education fund (BMEF) and raising more than $20,000 for the BMEF
- 32 Zoom rooms with nearly 1,000 participants over the day in our connection pavilion
- learning from schools and communities and enjoying performances from Montessori children around the globe in our celebration pavilion
- challenging ourselves to do better through rich, diverse panel discussions in our challenge pavilion
- and did we mention we had organisations, educators, and parents from all over the world in solidarity working together?
If you missed it you can watch the replays here
Sign up here for FREE
Your details will only be used for keeping you informed about our events
and you may hear from the Black Montessori Education Fund
The Black Montessori Education Fund (“BMEF”) raises money to help Black folx access Montessori education
The BMEF’s goals are to:
- provide scholarships/resources for culturally relevant training to teachers, school administrators, school support staff and teacher trainers;
- provide scholarships for Black students to attend Montessori schools;
- provide funding and support to Black Montessorians seeking to establish Montessori schools;
- provide scholarships for Montessori teacher training that is culturally responsive to Black adults seeking to become Montessori teachers;
- support research into Montessori best practices and employ Black educational leaders to organize and promote the advancement of the BMEF.
- AMI-Global and AMI-USA
- Montessori for Social Justice
- Public Montessori in Action
- Heureka! Montessorischule Mauer
- Montessori Norway
- Northumberland Montessori School
- Montessori Campus Wien
- Montessori Europe
- Pete Juds & Montessori School of Tokyo
- The Montessori Group
- Estonian Montessori Society
- Canadian Association of Montessori Teachers
And to everyone who has made Montessori Everywhere possible. Full list here.
What people said about the Montessori Everywhere event on 30 August 2020
“This was a remarkable gathering of diverse and talented people from all corners of the world, a veritable showcase of creativity, talent, grace and expertise. Never before have so many Montessori organizations and groups come together with mutual support and respect – all with the common vision of reverence for the child and of Montessori for a better world for all.
There is so much I loved – starting with the elegant and easy to navigate website, the very idea of having the three Pavillions, the rousing and inspiring Opening Ceremony, and the very special Closing, the beautiful clips of song and dance and, of course, the inspiring, thought-provoking and important conversations!” – Regina Lulka, Canada/Mexico
“Just a personal thank you to all the organisers of this wonderful event. It was fantastic being part of this global community. Thank you, thank you and Happy Birthday Maria Montessori.” – Shan Ellis, South Africa
“Thank you for such a truly inspiring and life affirming event, empowering us to go even further inside ourselves so as to serve children.” – Charlotte, Dubai
“What a truly amazing experience it was to be part of the Montessori 150 birthday celebrations. You and your team created an unforgettable community sharing experience in a true Montessori spirit and the content will benefit children through their guides for many years to come hopefully also raising much needed funds for an extremely worthwhile cause.
I graduated as a Casa guide 38 years ago and continue to marvel at the legacy that Montessori left behind and you and your fellow Montessorians and so much part of ensuring that her works continue to positively impact all children. Thank you !” – Monique Burton, Sydney Australia
“This event brought the whole world together to CHANGE…in the tradition of Dr. Montessori and the children, families and educators who work hard and constant to create the world we CAN have. A world that is “normalized” and respectful of everyone. Most of all, I loved being involved (even though virtually) with this “Montessori love” that I felt from all the corners of our world. Not only was it rejuvenating but it was also empowering. I am so re-dedicated to guiding children and families in the Montessori way of living.” – Carolyn Lucento, USA
“A few words to thank you for a fantastic event yesterday! I enjoyed every moment of it and feel very grateful to be part of such an inspiring community of people.” – Maëlys de Rudder, Bosnia and Herzegovina
A group of Montessori friends around the world decided we need to connect, celebrate and challenge ourselves. So we have joined forces to make this event for everyone.
Montessori Everywhere is organised by:
Seemi Abdullah of Trillium Montessori ・ Andy Lulka of Integrating Montessori ・ Simone Davies of The Montessori Notebook・Dr Ayize Sabater of the Black Montessori Education Fund・D. Ann Williams of Montessori for Social Justice・Tammy Oesting of ClassrooMechanics・Barbara Isaacs from Montessori Europe・Wendelien Bellinger from Montessori Musings・Miroslava Vlčková of Lead Montessori・Sue Pritzker (retired) Head of School at Childpeace Montessori School・and so many Montessori friends
Help us spread the word
Our goal is connect the world of Montessori.
Please invite your friends and network to join us too.
Click HERE for the press kit to help us spread the word
add a badge to your website・include in your next newsletter・share on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter ・hang up a flyer in your school if you are open