connecting our global Montessori community
& working towards equity for all
MONTESSORI EVERYWHERE WAS CREATED
TO CONNECT, TO CELEBRATE
AND TO CHALLENGE OURSELVES
What started as a one-day event to celebrate Dr Montessori’s 150th birthday became a movement.
All funds raised have gone to projects helping reach Montessori in all communities.
We are proud of what we created and loved connecting, celebrating and challenging our global Montessori community
Montessori Everywhere 150
To celebrate Dr Montessori’s 150th birthday, we hosted an amazing 12 hour event connecting over 6,000 Montessori families, friends and schools and raising over US$20,000 for The Black Montessori Fund.
Watch the panel discussions and celebration events HERE
The Earth Project
We connected Montessori schools around the world with Montessori children working together on regenerating the planet.
Read more HERE
Our Continent Correspondents collected Montessori stories from all around the world.
We ran Zoom sessions to connect with each other.
Watch past sessions HERE
Sign up here for FREE
Your details will only be used for keeping you informed about our events
and you may hear from the Black Montessori Education Fund
ALL WELCOME: We welcome Montessori educators, families, schools, training organisations, non-for-profits, consultants, or anyone interested in the Montessori approach
VOLUNTEER RUN: Montessori Everywhere was created by a group of Montessori friends to connect the global Montessori community. When we work together we can have a greater impact.
RAISING FUNDS: All money raised goes to help Montessori projects supporting underserved communities.
We are currently raising funds for The Black Montessori Education Fund (“BMEF”).
BMEF raises money to help Black folx access Montessori education
The BMEF’s goals are to:
- provide scholarships/resources for culturally relevant training to teachers, school administrators, school support staff and teacher trainers;
- provide scholarships for Black students to attend Montessori schools;
- provide funding and support to Black Montessorians seeking to establish Montessori schools;
- provide scholarships for Montessori teacher training that is culturally responsive to Black adults seeking to become Montessori teachers;
- support research into Montessori best practices and employ Black educational leaders to organize and promote the advancement of the BMEF.
Where this all started?
On Sunday 30 August 2020, we shook the world a little (in a good way!). The global Montessori community came together to honour Dr Montessori’s 150th birthday. We celebrated with children and schools around the world, we connected in breakout rooms in Zoom, and we challenged ourselves from rich panel discussions to have deeper conversations.
In less than a month this is what we achieved together:
- 12 hours of Montessori wisdom, celebration and connection
- 6,500+ registrations
- 121 countries
- 47,700 views on Facebook + 12,388 views on YouTube
- spreading joy to our work as parents and educators in any role that we play in the Montessori community
- working, reflecting and dialoguing together as a united community
- amplifying the work of the Black Montessori Education fund (BMEF) and raising more than $20,000 for the BMEF
- 32 Zoom rooms with nearly 1,000 participants over the day in our connection pavilion
- learning from schools and communities and enjoying performances from Montessori children around the globe in our celebration pavilion
- challenging ourselves to do better through rich, diverse panel discussions in our challenge pavilion
- and did we mention we had organisations, educators, and parents from all over the world in solidarity working together?
If you missed it you can watch the replays here
What people said about the Montessori Everywhere 150 event
“This was a remarkable gathering of diverse and talented people from all corners of the world, a veritable showcase of creativity, talent, grace and expertise. Never before have so many Montessori organizations and groups come together with mutual support and respect – all with the common vision of reverence for the child and of Montessori for a better world for all.
There is so much I loved – starting with the elegant and easy to navigate website, the very idea of having the three Pavillions, the rousing and inspiring Opening Ceremony, and the very special Closing, the beautiful clips of song and dance and, of course, the inspiring, thought-provoking and important conversations!” – Regina Lulka, Canada/Mexico
“Just a personal thank you to all the organisers of this wonderful event. It was fantastic being part of this global community. Thank you, thank you and Happy Birthday Maria Montessori.” – Shan Ellis, South Africa
“Thank you for such a truly inspiring and life affirming event, empowering us to go even further inside ourselves so as to serve children.” – Charlotte, Dubai
“What a truly amazing experience it was to be part of the Montessori 150 birthday celebrations. You and your team created an unforgettable community sharing experience in a true Montessori spirit and the content will benefit children through their guides for many years to come hopefully also raising much needed funds for an extremely worthwhile cause.
I graduated as a Casa guide 38 years ago and continue to marvel at the legacy that Montessori left behind and you and your fellow Montessorians and so much part of ensuring that her works continue to positively impact all children. Thank you !” – Monique Burton, Sydney Australia
“This event brought the whole world together to CHANGE…in the tradition of Dr. Montessori and the children, families and educators who work hard and constant to create the world we CAN have. A world that is “normalized” and respectful of everyone. Most of all, I loved being involved (even though virtually) with this “Montessori love” that I felt from all the corners of our world. Not only was it rejuvenating but it was also empowering. I am so re-dedicated to guiding children and families in the Montessori way of living.” – Carolyn Lucento, USA
“A few words to thank you for a fantastic event yesterday! I enjoyed every moment of it and feel very grateful to be part of such an inspiring community of people.” – Maëlys de Rudder, Bosnia and Herzegovina
A group of Montessori friends around the world decided we need to connect, celebrate and challenge ourselves. So we have joined forces to make this event for everyone.
Montessori Everywhere is organised by:
Andy Lulka of Integrating Montessori ・ Simone Davies of The Montessori Notebook・Dr Ayize Sabater of the Black Montessori Education Fund・Tammy Oesting of ClassrooMechanics・Barbara Isaacs from Montessori Europe・Gabriel Salomão of Lar Montessori・Ochuko Prudence Daniels from Momahill Montessori School, Nigeria・Sue Pritzker (retired) Head of School at Childpeace Montessori School
with the support of:
Seemi Abdullah of Trillium Montessori ・Wendelien Bellinger from Montessori Musings・D. Ann Williams of Montessori for Social Justice・
Miroslava Vlčková of Lead Montessori・and so many Montessori friends
- AMI-Global and AMI-USA
- Montessori for Social Justice
- Public Montessori in Action
- Heureka! Montessorischule Mauer
- Montessori Norway
- Northumberland Montessori School
- Montessori Campus Wien
- Montessori Europe
- Pete Juds & Montessori School of Tokyo
- The Montessori Group
- Estonian Montessori Society
- Canadian Association of Montessori Teachers
And to everyone who has made Montessori Everywhere possible. Full list here.